Aktuelle Stellenangebote und -gesuche im Bereich Humangenetik
Nr 366 – 17.04.2018
medical doctor specialised in biology and/or genetics (m/f) in Luxembourg
Laboratoire national de santé
(Luxembourg public institution)
is recruiting a
medical doctor specialised in biology and/or genetics (m/f)
for the department of Genetics - Genetic and Molecular Biology Unit for a full time position (40h/week) with a permanent contract starting at the earliest convenience.
About the LNS
The “Laboratoire national de santé” (LNS) is a public institution operating under the supervision of the Ministry of Health in Luxembourg. It is organized as a multidisciplinary institute which, along with an administrative department, includes six scientific departments related to the fields of morphological and molecular pathology, genetics, medical biology, microbiology, forensic medicine and health protection (www.lns.lu).
The LNS has new premises whose modern infrastructure is in line with the demands related to recent developments in medical and analytical science. The purpose of the LNS is to develop analytical and scientific expertise related to the prevention, diagnosis and monitoring of human diseases, to ensure the role of a national control or reference laboratory and to carry out medico-legal tasks.
The LNS contributes to the development, harmonization and promotion of laboratory methods in collaborative projects with other laboratories and develops research and teaching activities in association with ad hoc partners in Luxembourg and abroad.
About the new position
The Genetic and Molecular Biology Unit of the Laboratoire national de santé de Luxembourg (LNS) encompasses clinical, chromosomal and molecular genetic activities thus offering a wide scope of genetic practice.
• Participate in the interpretation and reporting of cytogenetic and molecular tests while re-enforcing the role of the geneticist through effective interaction with prescribing physicians and patients, with a strong involvement in cytogenetics and molecular biology of haematological diseases
• Commit to the development and implementation of new technologies and in particular the technological transfer to next generation sequencing
• Contribute to both germline and somatic, molecular and chromosomal genetic activities in the laboratory, the organisation of the laboratory, the supervision of laboratory’s personnel, students, etc.
• Participate in the implementation of quality assurance and control in the laboratory
• Strengthen the scientific image of the laboratory by actively engaging in multidisciplinary staffs, working-groups, collaborative studies, clinical research projects, publications, oral presentations, meetings and conferences
• Promote and communicate expertise both within and outside of the laboratory?
• Medical doctor, specialised in medical biology and/or genetics, with experience in clinical, chromosomal and molecular genetics
• Solid knowledge of onco-hematology, cytogenetics and molecular biology is required
• Previous experience with next generation sequencing would be a plus
• Familiarity with ISO 15189 quality assessment and control is considered an advantage
• Working proficiency in at least two languages from French, English and German.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work duties and to be a team-leader
• Good interpersonal communication skills and an ability to encourage positive dynamics within the team
• A highly competitive salary
• An international and multidisciplinary environment
• Continuous training possibilities
If you meet the above profile requirements and wish to apply for this position, please send your application (CV, letter of intent and copies of your specialized medical degrees) to email@example.com with the reference 2017-GEN-MED-01. The applications will be treated in order of arrival and with the highest degree of confidentiality.