Aktuelle Stellenangebote und -gesuche im Bereich Humangenetik
Nr 507 – 01.09.2021
Clinical Laboratory Geneticist / Cytogeneticist /Biologist Hematooncogenetics (m/f) Ref ° 1200
Laboratoire national de santé
(Luxembourg public institution)
is recruiting an experienced Clinical Laboratory Geneticist / Cytogeneticist /Biologist Hematooncogenetics (m/f) Ref ° 1200
for a full time (40 h/week) role and a permanent contract at the National Center of Genetics in Hematooncogenetics.
The “Laboratoire national de santé” (LNS) is a public institution under the supervision of the Ministry of Health in Luxembourg. LNS is organized as a multidisciplinary institute and supported by a professional services team, the LNS includes four scientific departments in the fields of medical biology, microbiology, forensic medicine, and health protection, in addition to hosting the National Center of Pathology and the National Center of Genetics.
The LNS is based at Dudelange, with state of the art, modern infrastructure in line with recent developments in medical sciences. Its objective is to develop scientific and analytical expertise related to the prevention, diagnosis, and monitoring of human diseases. Its ultimate mission is to serve patients and citizens and offer excellence in health care.
The National Center of Genetics (NCG), at the Laboratoire National de Santé, is responsible for human genetic care in Luxembourg. One of the goals of the NCG is to build up genomic medicine and precision oncology, using a state of the art sequencing facility, and to provide high-level health care to the Luxembourgish population. The NCG is a major stakeholder of two national public health programs: the Plan National Maladie Rare and the Plan National Cancer.
The Hematooncogenetics Unit focuses on the hematological malignancies. The broad spectrum of methods includes cytogenetic, molecular cytogenetic (FISH), molecular genetics and if necessary microarray analyses.
? Participating in the daily management of the laboratory
? genetic diagnostics and reporting with focus on tumor cytogenetics
? cytogenetic and molecular cytogenetic activities (evaluation of metaphases as well as FISH analyses and preparation of findings) in hematological neoplasms
? Participate in the development of research projects and applying scientific knowledge in expanding the diagnostic and research portfolio of the NCG
? Seek funding from national (FNR) and international funding bodies including writing scientific proposals
? Planning, interpretation and reporting of molecular genetic examinations, especially from next generation sequencing
? Participation in the development and maintenance of a quality system based on (ISO 15189)
? Participating in external quality control trials
? Training and supervision of the technicians
? Participating to clinical staff meeting at National Center of Genetics and in other multidisciplinary meeting
What you need for this position
- A PhD / Master degree in Genetics or other similar qualification in clinical genetics
- Several years of experience in genetic diagnostics and reporting with a focus on tumor cytogenetics (mandatory)
- Advanced German and English knowledge in spoken and written is required, knowledge of French an advantage
- Knowledge of specific chromosomal aberrations in leukemia and their detection also on preparations with metaphases that are very difficult to analyze
- Application of different methods of in situ hybridization (interphase nucleus diagnostics, metaphase analysis with directly labeled probes)
- Experience in the interpretation of NGS datasets would be desirable
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of MS-Office, especially Excel; experience with Laboratory Information and Management Systems (LIMS) and bioinformatics tools is appreciated
Other job related skills
- Willingness to take on responsibility
- Ability to work in a team, resilience, flexibility, ability to work under pressure and high commitment characterize you
- You have a strong interest in genetic/medical issues and an exceptionally high level of motivation
- Willingness to establish new methods for diagnostic application
- Experience in quality management (ISO15189) is an advantage
We offer you
? A dynamic unit in full expansion and developing new activities at request of its stakeholders
? An international and multidisciplinary environment
? A highly competitive salary
? An intensive introduction to the methods of molecular genetics or hematological cytogenetics - an attractive remuneration taking into account your personal requirements
? Individual development opportunities and regular opportunities for further education and training
If you meet the above profile requirements and wish to apply, please send your application (CV, letter of intent and copies of your degrees) by clicking on the application button below.
Applications will be processed in order of arrival. The utmost confidentiality will be granted to each application.
For informal enquiries, please contact:
Dr.med Seval Türkmen, responsible of the Hematooncogenetics service by e-mail: Seval.Turkmen@lns.etat.lu or by phone: +352 28100450 /+352 621527956
Are you ready
... and would like to take on a varied, responsible job in a motivated team? Then we look forward to receiving your application in German or English.