Aktuelle Stellenangebote und -gesuche im Bereich Humangenetik
Nr 569 – 26.10.2022
Consultant Medical Geneticist (M/F) at the National Center of Genetics (NCG)
Laboratoire national de santé (LNS)
Type of contract: Full-time and undetermined duration contract (CDI)
This position offers an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated medical geneticist to join the National Center of Genetics at the Laboratoire national de santé (LNS) in Luxembourg.
The National Center of Genetics (NCG) at the LNS is responsible for all aspects of human genetics related health care in Luxembourg. A major goal of the NCG is to provide high-level health care in the field of human genetics to the Luxembourgish population and to advance genomic medicine and precision oncology in the country. The NCG is a major stakeholder of two national public health programs: the Plan National Maladie Rare and the Plan National Cancer. The NCG also hosts the LuxGen Genome Center with a state-of-the-art sequencing platform and performs collaborative patient-oriented translational research focused on rare diseases and cancer. We engage in training activities, in particular of medical students within the bachelor program at the University of Luxembourg.
To strengthen our Clinical-Genetics Service, we are hiring an experienced and motivated medical geneticist to provide patient care and consultative services. Besides the clinical activities, the individual selected will also take part in diagnostic activities, as well as research and training activities of the center.
The « Laboratoire national de santé » (LNS) is a public institution under the supervision of the Ministry of Health in Luxembourg. Organised as a multidisciplinary institute and supported by a professional services team, the LNS includes four scientific departments in the fields of medical biology, microbiology, forensic medicine and health protection, in addition to hosting the National Center of Pathology and the National Center of Genetics. The LNS has its premises in Dudelange, with state of the art, modern infrastructure in line with recent developments in medical sciences. Its objective is to develop scientific and analytical expertise related to the prevention, diagnosis and monitoring of human diseases. Its ultimate mission is to serve patients and citizens and offer excellence in health care.
• Provide genetic consultations for various genetic conditions
• Participation in multidisciplinary clinical meetings
• Clinical collaboration and engagement in national and international clinical networks
• Supervision of doctors in training
• Medical validation of genetic laboratory test results
• Participation in the development and maintenance of a quality system
• Engaging in research and in the education of medical students at the University of Luxembourg
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Medical doctor board certified in clinical/medical genetics, PhD would be an asset
• Eligible to obtain a license to practice in Luxembourg (autorisation d’excercer de médecin) (http://www.sante.public.lu/fr/formulaires/professions/autorisation-exercer-profession-sante/index.html)
• Experienced in carrying out genetic consultations in various fields; experience in the field in oncology would be an asset
• Knowledge of administrative aspects, clinical operations and procedures
• Ideally, the successful candidate also has experience in molecular and/or molecular cytogenetic diagnostics
• Interest in scientific questions
• Commitment, initiative and flexibility, high communicative competence, supervisory skills
• Fluent in English. Working proficiency in French and/or German. Luxemburgish is an asset.
- a highly competitive salary, depending on qualification and experience, plus an annual premium
- An interdisciplinary and cooperative work environment in a state-of-the-art infrastructure within an international and multidisciplinary team
- Luxembourg is an area of outstanding natural beauty, a superb infrastructure and healthcare facilities. It offers a high quality of life and gives access to a large range of excellent schools
For more information on the position, please contact:
Prof. Dr. med. med. Barbara Klink
If you meet the above profile requirements and wish to apply, please send your application (CV, letter of intent and copies of your degrees) by clicking on the application button below.
Applications will be processed in order of arrival. The utmost confidentiality will be granted to each application.